Delicious Homestyle Vegan Biscuits
Biscuits are hands-down my favorite food. I’m just a vegetarian, but these vegan biscuits are honestly better than any non-vegan version I’ve ever tried. My husband (who eats meat) requests these all the time!
My favorite thing about the recipe is that it has just 6 ingredients that most people have on hand at all times. On top of that it takes less than a half hour from start to finish, so you can whip up a batch of these buttery, comforting biscuits in no time.
Just a few notes and tips:
- Although the recipe calls for 1/3 cup shortening, I don’t always add all of it.
- If the dough is still too sticky after you mix all the ingredients, just add flour until it becomes stiffer. It’s meant to be somewhat sticky, but not so much so that it all sticks to your hands.
- You don’t have to cut in the shortening with your hands, but it’s a little easier than trying to stir with a fork.
- Try to handle the dough as little as possible to avoid dense biscuits.
- The recipe makes about 10-12 biscuits, but it depends on the cookie cutter you use. Just about any medium sized cookie cutter will do!
- Also, these aren’t healthy. But that’s not really the point of biscuits, is it?
How To Make Amazing Vegan Biscuits
I hope you enjoy these biscuits as much as I do! They’re perfect for a Sunday morning when you want something warm and fresh but don’t feel like cooking much. These vegan biscuits never last long at our house. We’re lucky if they make it to the end of the day!
Sometime, I would love to make some vegan gravy to serve these biscuits with. Biscuits with gravy is one of my all-time favorite comfort foods, but I have yet to find the perfect vegan gravy recipe.